Monday, April 18, 2011

What Changed?

Trusting You was a Folly
I realize it now.
Only Now.
What a Fool I have been.
All these years of
being Together with you,
Was Nothing but an excuse
for you to treat me like Trash.
In the Beginning, how you Fought
for my Attention.
Scowling at anyone who
dared to even look at Me.
You made sure I was safe.
Wherever I went, you came
Rushing to help if I was stuck.
Even in situations related to my
Career or Life, you came forth
with your advice.
You often kissed me on the forehead,
Mooned over me,
Fawned over me.
You complimented me every day.
Whatever I did was 'cute'.
I was your Life, you said.
SMSes flooded my phone.
'I love you', 'My Princess' were your Mantras.
So what happened Now?
What Changed?
How did we come to This?
These nights of Romance-less cavorting.
No Pleasure, only Contempt.
You claim your Nocturnal Rights.
Without seeing my Unseen Tears.
Without hearing my Unheard sniffles n sobs.
What Changed?
Where is the Love we had?
The Sweaty Palms, The Palpitating Hearts?
And Yet, I suffer.
Silently.
With no-one to unburden me.
I go on.
Without the guts to end this Torture.
This Love-less Love.

8 comments:

Mals said...

hey shilpu wats wrong huh never ever heard u so low wat so ever happened in life is everthing alright.........call me

Deepti said...

Born with needle of thoughts...
so, leave cloths and stitch lovely books..

Shilpa Nair said...

No Dear, My writings DO NOT reflect situations in my Life...It is all Fiction....hahahaha....

Shilpa Nair said...

@ Deepti....I'm so glad we have met each other after more than 15 years.....I wish I could relive those days - cycling to school every morning at 6-30 :)
I'm sure u are a wonderful friend and guide to all those people u know....

Anu...:) said...

Nice one....the bitterness is so beautifully expressed

Shilpa Nair said...

Thanks Anu...

VIKRAM KARVE said...

Superbly expressed

Shilpa Nair said...

Thanks VK :)